This apple crisp is absolutely perfect! It’s vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and ready in an under an hour. Made with minimal ingredients and packed with flavor, this is the perfect dessert.
This post is very special. Today is not just any day- it’s my mom birthday!
If you’re friends with me in real life, then you know that my mom is my best friend. I hang out with her more than my friends, and she is my rock. She has been there for every heart break, girl fight, bad grade, math problem, and issue of mine. For that, I’ll never be able to repay her.
My mom is a pretty cool lady. First off, she is incredibly smart- I mean, she was a math major! Who in the world has ever set out and decided “yeah, I’m going to major in math” Like no thanks. My mom has overcome so much in her life, and she’s dealt with me for eighteen years. 18 years of my sass, sarcasm, and messes. Dedication!
My mom was never a “healthy eater”, but she believes in balance. That means that while she eats her salads almost daily, she LOOOVVEESSSSS her chocolate. The women has a chocolate bible, for crying out loud. From an early age, I had salads every week day, and she introduced me to foods like oatmeal, roasted bell peppers, and salmon. She taught me how to cook cookies correctly, and how to make muffins that are actually fluffy. She’s the real MVP.
So, in honor of her birthday, I’m sharing an easy and healthy-ish dessert. I say “healthy-ish” because we need everything in moderation, especially when it comes to apple crisp. You can serve these with dairy free ice cream (or non-dairy free, of course), and watch as everyone is satisfied beyond belief. According to my mom, this is my best recipe TO DATE. We ate the entire thing in one day. No judgement, please.
This crisp requires 8 minimal ingredients, is vegan & gluten free, and takes less than an hour to make. I used a combination of Granny Smith and honey crisp apple, which turned out to be perfect. It adds sweetness and the beloved tang of apples, so it’s a must.
When you make this crisp, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, seperated
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 apples, diced- I used one honeycrisp apple and one Granny Smith apple
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil onto a cast-iron skillet. Sauté the apples on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Once tender, pour on the maple syrup, mix together, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oat flour and coconut sugar. Take ¼ cup of the coconut oil (in solid form) and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add in the remaining ¼ cup coconut oil in a liquid form and mix well.
- Spread out over the apple mixture and sprinkle the chopped pecans on as well. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove, let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!