What’s your favorite part of fall?
I have quite a few things, but my favorite thing HAS to be the start of football season. If you guys have been reading the blog for a while, then you know that football is literally my life and I dream of being a football analyst. I’m a total nerd when it comes to the sport; I get joy out of watching game tape and reading countless takes on different teams. When training camp starts, my eyes are GLUED to Twitter, Bleacher Report, and ESPN for injury news, reports, etc. So, you can imagine my joy when real football starts.
Teachers, if you’re reading this, I’d skip this paragraph. When football starts, I don’t do ANY work on Sunday’s. I get it all done on Friday or Saturday, so I have the day to watch football and unwind. I plop myself on the couch, get my fantasy football teams set, and have my eyes glued to the TV. If you didn’t know who was writing this, you’d probably think it was a forty year old man. I’m serious- I only leave my couch to pee and eat.
When football season starts, fall is here. For most people, fall means pumpkin patches, halloween, changing leaves (HA not for California), oh… and BAKING SEASON. See- no one likes baking during the summer. It’s hot and humid, and all you want is a nice smoothie. As a result, recipes pile up in your bookmarks, and once the temperature cools, you open that bookmark for the first time. Don’t know about you, but my list of recipes I want to bake is pretty big.
One of those things I’ve been DYING to bake is this apple cinnamon bread. I loveeeeeeeeee apple cinnamon things, so I thought it was about time I turn the flavor into a bread. I’m pretty scared of making bread; it never turns out right and I usually have to throw away the batch. So, I’ve been pretty hesitant on making some, but I bite the bullet today and did it! The result- PURE HEAVEN.
I honestly cannot pick the best part about this loaf. I mean- the sweetness from the sugar and agave is pretty bomb, but the way the sugar caramelizes on top is borderline food porn. This loaf if PERFECT for a meeting, get together, or teacher bribe ;). I made this for my college counselor and she kept asking for more. I’ve made this three times already, and it goes by way too quickly. Alright, let’s dig in!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar + 2 tbsp for topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup agave
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all your dry ingredients to ensure no clumps.
- Next, add in the egg, milk, agave, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix well together until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Add in ½ of the chopped apple, and mix together
- Grease a baking pan with cooking spray, and spread out the batter evenly. On the top, add the rest of the chopped apple and sprinkle on 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Stick in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for 5-10 minutes, and then enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!