These banana bread chocolate chip muffins are protein packed, full of flavor, and the perfect snack! Made with minimal, natural ingredients, this will satisfy your sweet tooth instantly.
It’s no secret I love banana based recipes. From this banana bread to these waffles, the flavor combinations are ENDLESS. So, today I’m here with another variation of the beloved flavor, but this time.. it’s MUFFINS.
Yes, muffins. Can you tell I’m on a muffin kick?
Do you see the fluffiness of these muffins? Actually drooling right now, people. Muffins are by far my favorite thing to make, especially when they get fluffy and big. You know those Instagram’s dedicated to “satisfying” things. I would create one just for fluffy muffins. Hey, if tennishealthfitness doesn’t work out, I have a new career path!
I also love muffins because when I make them, I make sure they have protein, healthy fats, and carbs- a perfect balance. For the carbs, I went with a combination of spelt flour, almond flour, and rolled oats. For the fats- coconut oil. For the protein, I used Vital Proteins Banana Cinnamon Whey. This whey is great because it provides a ton of banana flavor without weird ingredients. One scoop contains ~13g protein and 8g collagen, which helps with hair and nail growth. I love using Vital Proteins in my baking for the added nutritional boost without weird flavor, and it’s truly one of my favorite companies.
Oh, and what’s a muffin without chocolate chips? While I do love my blueberry muffins, chocolate chip are still a winner. Adding the chocolate chips make this the perfect treat, without weighing you down! These muffins are egg free, refined sugar free, and ready in under 50 minutes!
When you make these muffins, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup spelt flour (you can also use whole wheat flour)
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Banana Cinnamon whey
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the almond flour, spelt flour (or whole wheat flour), coconut sugar, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and whey (if using). Once mixed, add the mashed banana, melted oil, and milk. Mix together well. Fold in the chocolate chips, and combine again.
- Spray your muffin tins with cooking oil to prevent sticking. Pour ~1/4 cup batter into each slot, and smooth. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until done in the middle.
- Remove and let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins. All opinions are my own.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!