Pasta for breakfast.
Because we’re all mature individuals here, and can make mature decisions like deciding what to have for breakfast, right? RIGHT.
There is NOTHING wrong with having pasta for breakfast- in fact, this recipe highly encourages it. Why? Well, it’s like the perfect breakfast skillet, but in pasta form. If that doesn’t make you wanna jump out of your seat and scream, then what does? (Serious question- what gets you that excited?? For me, it’s when the Packers pull off an upset or ya know- win the Super Bowl).
I wish I was told it was okay to eat pasta for breakfast when I was a kid. I think I was cultured to believe that “EGGS ARE FOR BREAKFAST. SANDWICHES ARE FOR LUNCH. VEGETABLES ARE FOR DINNER.” Clearly, that mind set has changed 😉
This is the last recipe I’m doing with Modern Table Meals, and I couldn’t be more blessed to have worked with such great company. I’m such a big fan of their lentil pastas, so I thought what better way to end this series than with a good ole egg bowl- pasta style. Lentils and eggs is a great source of vegetarian protein that tastes bomb, so lentil pasta and eggs?! HEAVENLY.
So, when it’s your next Sunday brunch and you don’t want the same old same old, give this bowl a try. I promise you it won’t disappoint!
- 1 bag Modern Table Meals lentil pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium broccoli head, diced
- Four avocados, sliced
- Five fried eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, for cooking
- ¼ cup pasta sauce of choice*
- 1.) Cook your pasta according to the directions. Once ready, drain the pasta and transfer back into the pan.
- 2.) Mix in your drained black beans with the pasta, and stir well to mix the flavors.
- 3.) Add in your pasta sauce, and let it sit with the black beans + pasta until everything else is ready.
- 1.) Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- 2.) Chop your vegetables and coat them in 1 of the 2 tbsp coconut oil. Add in any other seasonings you'd like.
- 3.) Roast them in the oven for 20 minutes on high, or until they become crispy.
- 4.) Once done, set aside until everything else is ready.
- 1.) Pre-heat your pan to a medium heat and melt the remaining coconut oil onto the pan. Let it warm up for a minute or two.
- 2.) Once warm, crack your eggs directly on top one by one to fry them. Cook them until the yolk has reached your desired consistency.
- 3.) Once done, enjoy!
What gets you excited?
*NOTE*- I worked with Modern Table Meals on this recipe. However, all opinions are my own and I truly believe everything I’ve stated.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!