This cacao crisp energy bites are vegan, gluten free, full of crunch, and packed with flavor. They make for such a great and easy energy snack that are packed with nutrients!
Have you guys heard of Dallas Smith? If not, then WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?! No, really though. Dallas Smith is my current binge listen. He’s a country singer with the voice of an angel. Dallas, if you’re single, I’m available.
I bring this up to point out a weird fact I’ve never quite fully grasped- not everyone likes the same things! It sounds weird to say I’m still contemplating this, but it’s true. Whenever people tell me they hate country, I just sit there with a confused, blank stare. Like, country music is so relatable and likable- how could you not? Whenever I’ve been talking to perspective roommates for next year, I always mention I like country music, but then I have to mention that “wait, I WON’T blast it in the room”. Ugh, I hate having to put limitations on it.
Something everyone likes is cereal. It’s a proven fact- cereal makes you happy. Cereal is good for the soul. Cereal is what fuels us. Cereal is a way of life. I’m making it my 2017 mission to incorporate as much cereal in my diet as humanly possible, and that starts with these energy bites. I’ve taken your average balls, and elevated them thanks to One Degree Organic’s Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps.
I used these crisps in my four ingredient chocolate chip rice crispy bars, which you guys LOVED. Well, I’m using the cereal this time, but in ball form, which gives these balls extra flavor and crunch. The best part about One Degree Organic Foods is that they use natural, wholesome ingredients and contain no artificial sweeteners. Plus, everything is naturally grown and organic! What’s not to love?
So, these balls. They contain almonds, dates, maple syrup, and cacao crisps. Yup, they’re vegan, & gluten free. Plus, they contain a heavenly dark chocolate drizzle, which elevates the flavor. When you make these, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
UPDATE: I did a thing! I made a video!
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
- ½ salted almonds
- ½ cupbrown rice crisps
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Chocolate drizzle
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak your pitted dates for 10 minutes in room temperature water.
- Pulse the dates in a food processor for 5 seconds. Add in the almonds, brown rice crisps, and maple syrup. Pulse again until a thick dough has formed.
- Take ~ 1 tbsp of the date mix and form into a ball. Stick on a baking tray and repeat. Stick the balls in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 20 second intervals until well melted. Drizzle over the balls and stick back in the fridge for 2 hours to harden even more.
- Once done, remove and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by One Degree Organic Foods. All opinions are my own.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!