GUYS. I HAVE DIED AND GONE TO BREAKFAST HEAVEN.
I never thought I’d be a breakfast kinda gal. When I was younger, I usually ate a smaller breakfast because I wanted to save room for lunch and dinner. Well, that’s all changed. Ever since I started the blog, my breakfast obsession has been OFF THE WALLS.
Like, I could eat breakfast foods for every meal and be completely content.
What’s even better than breakfast? DESSERT. And even better? DESSERT FOR BREAKFAST. Excuse my caps and stuff- I’m the conductor of the hype train.
SO yeah, we’ve all heard of the term “dessert for breakfast.” That usually includes baked oatmeal, mug cakes, etc. Well, meet this bowl. This bowl is the DEFINITION of dessert for breakfast. Don’t be shocked if I start making this for breakfast and dessert in the same day, because I would totally do that.
My favorite part has to be the granola I used. I used Blissful Eats No Nutty Chocolate Chip Granola, which is basically the bomb.com. I can never seem to find good chocolate granolas that are stocked full of sugar and un-neccesary ingredients, which is why I stray away from them. However, Blissful Eats is different. Not only does it pack a ton of flavor, but it doesn’t file on the added sugars and such, which is a HUGE win in my book! I can’t wait for them to come into stores, because I know the flavors will fly off the shelfs (I’ll probably be a large reason why- this stuff is like granola crack).
So yeah, you should make this bowl. Maybe be like me and do it for both breakfast and dessert 😉
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup Blissful Eats granola (or granola of choice)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1.) Melt your coconut oil on a skillet that's been pre-heated to a medium heat. Swirl around so the coconut oil spreads everywhere.
- 2.) Slice your banana into normal sized pieces, and place on the skillet.
- 3.) Sprinkle your coconut sugar over the bananas, and then add the cinnamon. Swirl around on the pan so the sugar goes everywhere.
- 4.) After two minutes or so, flip the bananas and cook for an additional minute. Once done, turn the pan off, transfer to the bowl, and enjoy!
- 1.) Place your granola in the bowl, and mix in the chocolate chips.
- 2.) Add in the bananas once they're finished. Pour the milk in and enjoy!
*NOTE*- Blissful Eats sent me their granola to try and review. However, all opinions are my own and I truly love their products.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!