I love a lot of things in my life, and two of those things are breakfast and peaches.
Now, I may not love peaches as much as my twin sister, Ashley (she eats about two-three a day!), but I still adore them. I love bitting into them and having the juice come out- that’s when you know it’s a good peach. I don’t think my mom, who has to wash out peach juice out of my t-shirts when she does my laundry, but whateva (insert sassy enjoy here).
When I went to Ohio to stay with my foodie friend, Maddie, we went to a local market and bought FRESH GEORGIA PEACHES. Now, if you think your local peaches are good, just imagine Georgia peaches. The hype is beyond real for these bad boys. We waited in line for a solid 40 minutes to buy 50 pounds of them, which was completely worth the wait! Now, I had to leave before we could finish off the boxes together, but I still got to indulge in some.
When I came back to California, I was alllllllll about peaches. For a few days, I think I ate more peaches than my sister, in hopes I would have a peach that replicated the ones I bought with Maddie. Not only was I eating lots of peaches, but I was also thinking of a lot of peach related recipes. Which is how I came up with this.
Like I said, breakfast foods are one of the things I enjoy most. Would you believe me if I told you I could only eat breakfast foods for the rest of my life, and be completely fine with that? Well you should. So, I’m combining a few of my favorite things- breakfast and peaches- and putting them together! Let’s dig in before I go to make another batch of these.
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional, but it adds flavor)*
- ½ cup almond milk
- Dash of cinnamon
- 6 slices bread of choice (I used Ezekiel Bread)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- Pre-heat your pan to a medium heat, and add the tsp of coconut oil. Let it melt and swirl it around so it evenly coats.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and protein powder (if using). Whisk together until you get a smooth texture. This will take about a minute or so, so be patient.
- Soak your slices of bread in the mixture, and lay out on the pan. Let cook on one side for two-three minutes, or until cooked, and then flip. Cook on that side for about one minute. Repeat this step with your remaining slices.
- Top with the peach & strawberry mixture, maple syrup and greek yogurt (I used them, which I HIGHLY recommend!), and enjoy!
- Pre-heat a skillet to a low heat. Melt the oil on there and let it sit.
- Slice up your peaches and strawberries. Throw the peaches onto the pan, and add on the cinnamon. Cook on the pan for about three minutes, and constantly swirl the peaches around so they cook well.
- Add on the strawberries, and turn off the pan. Swirl around the berries with the peaches, and add on the coconut sugar. Let sit for a few more minutes. Once tender, throw on top of the toast and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!