These carrot cake oatmeal muffins are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and a great snack option! They’re made with minimal ingredients, come together in under an hour, and are full of flavor.
Happy Tuesday! How was your Easter weekend? Personally, I don’t celebrate Easter, so I spent the day with a friend of mine, but that doesn’t mean we didn’t have some chocolate 😉 This last weekend, I made getting out of the house a priority, because I’ve discovered how much I hate sitting at home. In general, I hate sitting (part of the reason I hate school), because I’m such a restless person that the thought of sitting around for hours KILLS me.
Anyways, does it feel a bit weird seeing a carrot cake recipe after this weekend? You’re probably carrot cake-d out, but bare with me, these muffins are worth it. Personally, carrot cake has always been my favorite flavor of ANYTHING, so it’s about time I put a recipe on the blog. More importantly, it’s about time I shared these carrot cake oatmeal muffins!
I’ve had these in the works for about a month now, and I was waiting for the perfect time to share them. They’re vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, fluffy, & less than 10 ingredients. I thought that right after Easter, when everyone’s getting into the spring spirit, would be the perfect time.
The base of these bad boys is oatmeal, but more specifically, rolled oats! Rolled oats are crucial for this dish because they’re hearty, wholesome, and provide the perfect flavor. I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free rolled oats for these to keep em gluten free, of course. Bob’s Red Mill is my FAVORITE oatmeal company because they’re easy to find, inexpensive, and are some of the highest quality oats around.
So, after you grind up the oats, you add some whole oats for extra flavor, then a few more ingredients, and boom- muffins! I added in crushed pecans because they add a great crunch, extra protein, and are the perfect carrot cake addition.
When you make these carrot cake oatmeal muffins, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 2 cups rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pecans, crushed
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Grind 1 cup of the oats into a flour using your blender. Add to a large mixing bowl along with the remaining one cup rolled oats, coconut sugar, shredded carrot, spices, sea salt, baking powder, and crushed pecans. Mix together well.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, apple sauce, and unsweetened apple sauce. Mix everything well until all clumps are gone.
- Spray your muffin tins with cooking spray and spoon ~2 tbsp of the batter into each slot. Smooth out.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are my own.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!