Get ready people- summer is coming!
With summer comes heat, and with heat comes sweating. Okay, that was a HORRIBLE way to start off a blog post, but you get the point- you’re gonna be hot this summer. Now, as much as I love hot bowls of oatmeal (even during the summer), there comes a point where my body says “giiiirrrllllllll- just give me a dang smoothie and stop making me sweat at 9:30 AM while you make your oats.” Okay body, I feel you.
Speaking of summer, is anyone else PUMPED for the season where they can sleep in as much as they want?? I’m in the midst of finals right now, so excuse me if this post is a little haywire and all over the place- my brain is fried from trying to remember 400 years of American History combined with nine months of pre-calculus functions that I still don’t understand. Point is: I need a break, so I’m motivating myself to get through it by reminding myself that in a few short weeks, I’ll be able to sleep in all I want, relax, and enjoy a comforting breakfast at home.
This bowl screams “summer comfort”: a delicious and filling smoothie bowl perfect for any hot day. I am a firm believer that cherries are the most underrated smoothie addition. They’re not too tart, but not too sweet, so if you’re someone like me who hates overly sweet things, they’re right up your alley. Plus, they make the consistency of this bowl that much thicker and therefore, more ice cream like. Who doesn’t want ice cream at 9:00 AM?!
- 1½ frozen bananas*
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice**
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1.) In a high power blender, combine all your ingredients. If you don't have an extremely strong blender, add another ¼-1/2 cup liquid to get everything moving.
- 2.) Blend on high until the ingredients have mixed. You may have to stop the blender to scrap down the sides, but this is completely normal.
- 3.) Once blended, remove and pour the smoothie into a bowl. Add your toppings and enjoy!
**- I used Vega protein, but this is an optional ingredient. I like adding protein powder as an extra boost to keep me going, but again, this is optional.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!