These chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are vegan, refined sugar free, and delicious! They’re lightened up with coconut oil, contain coconut sugar instead of brown sugar, are easy to make, and make for the perfect dessert.
Hello friends! I’m back from Italy and my body is ready for all things salad, oatmeal, and HEALTH. After two weeks of indulging in some of the best foods of my entire life (more on that this week!), I’m ready to get back to my routine. However, just because I’m ready for a salad doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a chocolate dipped peanut butter cookie, right?
I love a good cookie, man. I don’t play favorites when it comes to my cookies, especially when there’s chocolate involved. Double chocolate? Sure. Chocolate chip? CLASSIC. Vegan? DUH. Peanut butter and chocolate? Now we’re talking. My mom is the big cookie lover in our family, but I’m not far behind. My love for cookies began with those sugar cookies with the bright frosting (you know what I’m talking about, right?) and slowly evolved into healthier options. With all that being said, cookies don’t necessarily need to be made “healthy”, and sometimes, a big, unhealthy cookie is just what the doctor ordered.
The idea for this recipe came after I was invited to a dinner party and needed to bring a dessert. People had already signed up for things such as cake, brownies, and ice cream, so cookies seemed like the natural option. I’m SO glad I was late to the sign up, because these cookies are FIRE.
FIRE PEOPLE. FIRE. That’s not a thing anymore, but let’s go with it. These cookies are pretty similar to the classic peanut butter cookies, but I made a few changes. For starters, we ditching the butter and going with coconut oil, which gives it a lighter feel, but still packs tons of flavor. Then, we’re ditching the eggs and going with apple sauce, which is my favorite egg replacer for baking. Lastly, we’re subbing coconut sugar for brown sugar, but don’t worry- they’re just as sweet and delectable as ever. When I was whipping the coconut oil, sugar, and peanut butter together, it wasn’t fluffing, which has me worried, but don’t worry- that’s natural.
YOU GUYS- THESE COOKIES ARE HEAVEN. They’re fluffy, vegan, chocolate filled, and amazing. When you make these, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
Anyways, I have my high school graduation this Thursday (!!!) and one of my best friends is flying in from New York for the week, so I may be a little MIA. MAKE THESE COOKIES- thanks 😉
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup creamy, all natural peanut butter
- Dash of sea salt
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the chocolate dipping:
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, and peanut butter. Whip for 2-3 minutes.
- Once whipped, add in the vanilla, flour, sea salt, and apple sauce. Combine well until a thick dough.
- Once formed, roll ~1 tbsp of the mixture into a ball and flatten on a cooking tray. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Cook for 10-11 minutes. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the chocolate, microwave the oil and chocolate in 15 second increments, stirring until mixed.
- Once the cookies have chilled, dip the cookie into the chocolate mixture. Remove and repeat. Enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!