These no bake cinnamon almond protein bars are gluten free, refined sugar free, packed with protein, and the perfect snack. They’re made with all natural ingredients, are delicious no bake protein bars and come together in an hour.
When I drive to school in the mornings, I’ve developed a habit. I turn the music up to it’s full volume, I roll down my windows, and I blast the living shiz out of my country music. When I come to stop signs and red lights, I belt at the top of my lungs (unless the person next to me is someone I know, then I keep quiet). When I drive into school, I roll all my windows down and trust me, I’ve gotten quiet a few eye rolls from people when they hear the country. I say… screw it.
Recently, I’ve been all about changing things up and living. That means trying new things and learning to be okay with the unexpected. If you know me personally, you know I struggle with this BIG time, and if we’re being honest… I still do. The perfectionist in me hates the fact that I’ve started sleeping in on school mornings and arriving at 7:55. The planner part of me hates the fact that I’ve started randomly going out on Friday nights. But… the extroverted, fun loving part of me loves it, and wants more.
Part of change is trying new things, which if you know me, you know I’m not great at. I get stuck in ruts on what to eat, wear, and do. For example, I’ve used the same protein powder for months now, but when Vital Proteins released there new Banana, Cinnamon, and Vanilla Whey, I thought- why the heck not?! Even though I call myself a peskitarian, I don’t limit myself to what I can eat. I’ve been using collagen recently to help my skin, hair, and nails, and I can honestly say I’ve noticed a difference. This protein powder is packed with flavor, protein (duh- 24g per serving!), and nutrients.
I decided to try out this protein by whipping up a batch of no bake protein bars! Newsflash: these bad boys aren’t chalky, and are no bake! They’re also gluten & refined sugar free, and contain over 10g protein per bar. Even better? They have seven ingredients that you can pronounce!
So, here’s to the unexpected, change, trying new things, and no bake protein bars! When you make these, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
- ¾ cup almonds
- 2 scoopsprotein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- 3 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- De-pit your dates and soak them in Luke warm water for 10 minutes.
- Once soaked, drain and add to a food processor. Pulse until a paste has formed. Add in the chopped almonds. Pulse once again.
- Add in the hemp hearts, almond butter, protein powder, and maple syrup. Pulse well until a thick paste has formed.
- Spray an 8x8 baking tray with non stick spray and evenly smooth the batter out. Press down using the palm of your hand.
- Stick in the freezer for one hour. Once ready, cut into 8 squares and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins. All opinions are my own.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!