I’ve determined that the song “This is What Dreams Are Made Of” by Hilary Duff wasn’t about her trip to Italy- it was about this oatmeal dish.
When I first started my blog, I was still discovering new ways to make oatmeal. Back then, I made the simple microwave oats that we all know and love. I wasn’t even experimenting with stove top oats or anything of that nature. Then, I discovered baked oatmeal, and my life was changed forever.
I used to be OBSESSED with baked oatmeal. It was my go-to breakfast, and I made it almost everyday. In fact, if I didn’t make it for breakfast, I made it for dinner. I was hooked on how crispy the edges got and how soft the inside was. It was like a healthy cake for crying out loud!
Then, I discovered other breakfast options, and the baked oatmeal obsession took a back seat to smoothie bowls and stove top oats. And thus, story time is over. Please resume your normal, daily activities.
WAIT WAIT WAIT. DON’T. YOU’LL NEVER MAKE THIS RECIPE AND REALIZE HOW FREAKING AMAZING IT IS.
This dish involves so many of my favorite things- oatmeal and Blissful Eats No Nutty Chocolate Chip Granola. I am OBSESSED with this stuff, as I proved in my Caramelized Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bowl. The texture is out of this world, and the flavor is even further into the galaxy (sorry, that made no sense. I just got off a binge watch of Prison Break so my brain isn’t fully in blogging mode, but that’s besides the point). I know the owner, Nicole, personally, and love everything about her! Her enthusiasm to make bloggers even better was shown in her Food Entrepreneur Summit she held a few weeks ago, and the fact that she’s a mom, a blogger, and an owner of an amazing granola company makes her even more of a rockstar!
I’m all about cake for breakfast. ALLLLLLLLLL about it. And when you add in granola to give it a nice crunch? Now we’re talking. So, without further ado, let’s dig in!
- ⅔ cup oats
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Blissful Eats granola (or granola of choice)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together (except for the granola), and mix well to ensure no clumps are left.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients together and mix well. Once mixed, pour into the dry ingredients bowl and combine well.
- Once everything has combined, add in the granola and fold it in. If you want more of a crunch, add in another ¼ cup.
- Once everything is ready, spray a baking pan with non stick spray and spread it out evenly. I recommend sprinkling on more coconut shreds before sticking it in the oven.
- Stick in the oven for 25 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for five minutes.
- Add on some fresh fruit, yogurt (or whipped cream if you're making this for dessert), and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!