I may turn into a chickpea, and I have zero complaints.
I can see myself taking a test and all the sudden- BOOM. I’m a chickpea. Kind of like that blueberry girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Except for me, my transformation would probably be much more awkward and knowing my luck, that “test” would be a final for a class.
But seriously- chickpeas are so damn versatile. You can make them into hummus (or be lazy and buy hummus), you can bake with them, you can make a “chickpea salad” out of them, or you can make the best damn vegan sandwich around with them. I think we can all guess what I did… 😉
I made the best damn vegan sandwich out there. I took a classic combo of chickpeas and tahini, and elevated it to the next level by smashing it in between a whole bunch of goods.
Those good include two types of hummus. Yeah, I went there. If you’ve never combined your hummuses, you’re missing out. I also added avocado and arugula, which I’m convinced make everything better. EVERYTHING.
This sandwich is also good because it provides a good source of fats and protein along with the carbs, which is the perfect combination. You get a good source of vitamins and minerals as well, so besides tasting amazing, this sandwich is also pretty damn good for you. Let’s get into it!
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 slices bread of choice, toasted
- 4 tbsp hummus of choice (I did two different types of hummus, but it's up to you)
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1.) Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2.) In a bowl, toss the drained chickpeas with the coconut oil and garlic powder. Once done, spread them out on a baking tray, and roast them for twenty minutes or until crispy.
- 3.) Once done, remove from the oven and throw them back into the bowl. Toss in the tahini and mustard. Mix everything together, and then slowly add in the lemon juice. Continue mixing until everything has combined. Once done, add to the sandwich and enjoy!
What type of food can you see yourself turning into?
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!