These double chocolate chunk cookies are refined sugar free, filled with chocolate, and absolutely delicious. Made with minimal ingredients & full of flavor, these make for the perfect dessert.
I’ve never met someone who doesn’t like dessert.
Sure, I’ve met people who prefer savory > sweet, but that’s totally different. Me? I’m a sweet gal all the way. I feel like if I don’t eat something sweet for breakfast, I am a totally different person. My go-to sweet combination is anything with nut butter- hands down.
I grew up in a household that favored dessert over any other meal. My mom bakes almost everyday, and my dad eats six squares of fudge a night. Homemade fudge, of course! I always, even now, come home to fresh cookies and pumpkin muffins year round. While I normally don’t eat them, that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the smell 😉
I also grew up in a house that LOVED chocolate. That LOVED is an understatement. Heck, my mom has a freaking chocolate bible on our counter. I hated chocolate for years… YEARS, and even to this day, I’m a vanilla > chocolate gal hands down. However, I’ve learned to love dark chocolate, because if I’m going to indulge in anything, it’s dark chocolate. One bar of dark chocolate contains eleven grams of fiber, plenty of potassium, and has stimulants of caffeine to give you an energy boost. Plus, it’s bound to put you in a good mood!
We also LOVED cookies. Can you tell dessert’s a big deal in my house? I swear, every year, the hardest decision I make is what my sister and I want for our birthday dessert (spoiler alert: it’s usually homemade strawberry shortcake). I’ve told the story about how I used to make 800+ cookies for my teachers as Christmas presents, right? If I have- sorry. I feel like I have no more interesting stories to share and I’m just repeating myself, hoping no one will notice. Whoops.
ANYWAYS… on to the cookies! These cookies aren’t your average cookies; they’re double chocolate with CHUNKS. I feel like cookies that don’t have some sort of texture to it are sad cookies, and we don’t want sad cookies. Thus, I made sure we’re covered in that category by adding both double the chocolate chips into these- WINNING. Warning… these are highly addictive.
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well until all the clumps are gone.
- Add in the egg and pour the coconut oil around the edge. Mix well until the mixture begins to stick together, and then add in the almond milk. Mix again, and throw in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and form tiny balls of the batter. Place it on the sheet, and repeat until the batter is gone. Depending on the size of the tray, you may need two trays.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, remove and cool. Enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!