Favorite thanksgiving food? GO.
Like I’ve said, I’m not the biggest Thanksgiving food person. I’m more of a pasta and pizza girl, rather than turkey and stuffing gal. However, my mom makes the best mashed potatoes IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, so I guess that’s my favorite Thanksgiving food. I know some people love turkey and gravy, but I can’t get on that hype train. Gravy grosses me out, people. Am I alone on this?
I know my grandfather loves that combo, and he also loves corn bread. He’s one of those people who is always smiling and doesn’t have a mean bone in his body, so you can never tell if he actually likes something or if he just doesn’t want to hurt your feelings. However, when I made him this corn bread, he was smiling from ear to ear, and took home the entire batch.
This recipe is stupid easy.
That’s what I wanted to name it- stupid easy corn bread, but then I realized that not everybody would find it that easily. But seriously guys- this is stupid easy. It’s also extremely healthy but still tastes amazing, which I didn’t think was possible with corn bread. All the recipes I’ve seen involve cups on cups on butter and tons of unnecessary sugar. However, this one replaces the butter with coconut oil and has greek yogurt to give it moistness and protein. Plus, it’s six ingredients and takes one hour in total to make!
So, if you don’t forgot to make corn bread and it’s Thanksgiving morning, use this recipe and impress your guests (they’ll never know it’s healthy!)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all your dry ingredients and mix well to get rid of clumps.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix again. You will get a thick consistency, but don't add in milk or anything- just kid stirring until everything has combined.
- Spray a baking pan with some olive oil, and spread the dough out onto the pan. Flatten with your hand until it's all evenly spread, and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Once done, let cool and serve!