These flourless chocolate almond butter cookies are vegan, gluten free, and delicious. They require one bowl, 30 minutes, and less than 10 ingredients. Filled with chocolate and almond butter, these make for the perfect dessert.
These may seem like your average cookies, but trust me, there’s a long story behind them.
So today, I was going over today’s original post when it hit me: these photos SUCK. Like I’m sure an 11 year old with no camera experience could take better photos then that. I immediately freaked out, and called my mom asking if I could come home early to reshoot the recipe. Thankfully, I had a free period 7th, and she’s an angel who said yes (there was lots of hesitation). So, I raced home in my CRV and got to baking.
I have no idea what went wrong, but the original recipe didn’t turn out well. In fact, it turned out AWFUL. Not only were the cookies flat and burnt, but the lighting was horrendous. I knew I couldn’t post them, but I needed a post for today. So, back to the drawing board it went. However, I have the next month of recipes planned out, so I didn’t have anything in my recipe notebook to use. UGH, the stress was real. Oh, I should add that I didn’t do any homework or studying tonight because let’s be honest- these cookies are more important.
I immediately went to my Pinterest and looked at my boards. I saw a similar recipe to this one, so back to the kitchen I went. I’ll be honest- this recipe came on a total whim! I thought of doing something flourless, and I knew I wanted it to be a dessert and vegan, so cookies made sense. A little bit of this, a little bit of that… and boom! We have these decadent, delicious, and chocolate filled almond butter cookies. You should know I eyeballed the amount of almond butter I put in 😉
Oh, another random tidbit. I got my right pointer finger stuck in a door on Tuesday, so I haven’t been able to use it all week. Not having my pointer finger to use really shows me how important it is. Typing without it has been STRUGGLE CITY.
These cookies are vegan, gluten free, flourless, chocolate filled & fluffy! They require one bowl, a blender, an oven, and a cookie lover. I don’t think you guys are recipe for these bad boys, because they are DELISH. If you make these, don’t forget to tweet me a photo @tennishealthfit and send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour*
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp cocca powder
- Dash of sea salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup almond butter (I used Woodstock Foods Almond Butter)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) and mix together.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and almond butter. Mix together with the dry.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spray a baking tray with cooking oil, and roll out ~1 heaping tbsp of the batter into a ball. Flatten using your fingers. Repeat until the tray is full (you will probably need 2 trays).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!