Fluffy vegan & gluten free banana bread that’s naturally sweet, full of flavor, and comes together in under an hour. It requires minimal ingredients and one bowl, which makes it the perfect afternoon snack.
It’s fluffy. It’s vegan. It’s gluten free. Are you ready for this? I don’t think so.
Banana bread is one of the most beloved snacks/treats, and I’ve strayed away from posting my recipe until it was perfected. Well, after lots and LOTS of testing, I’ve figured it out, and it feels oh so good. You know that red salsa dancer emoji? That’s currently me. Add in the 100 symbol and you’re good to go!
I love love LOVE banana bread, so I wanted it to be perfect. I’m a perfectionist, so you know it’s good when I say it’s perfect. My love for banana bread began way back in the 2nd grade, when our room mom used to bring us loafs of them almost daily. I was like a kid in a candy shop! I kid you not, I ate at least three slices every time she brought them in. My mom never made it for me, so it was quite the treat.
Banana bread can be hard to master, because you don’t want it too moist, but it’s very easy to make it too dry and crumble-y. I swear that’s a word, autocorrect.
ANYWAYS, there are so many things to love about this recipe. For one, it’s vegan and gluten free, it’s fluffy, and you probably have all the ingredients in your house. Oh, and it takes less than an hour to cool, which is awesome because we all know I hate waiting around for things to finish cooking.
When you make this bread, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour (sub whole wheat if not gluten free)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, add in the dry ingredients (minus the pecans) and stir together well. Add in the apple sauce, oil, mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and milk. Stir together and fold in the pecans.
- Line a bread baking pan with cooking spray or parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Smooth it out. Stick it in the oven for 47-50 minutes. Once done, remove and cool for 20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!