These fluffy vegan & gluten free protein pancakes are easy to make, refined sugar free, packed with flavor, and the perfect treat! Ready in 3o minutes and packed with protein, they’re a great refuel meal.
OH MY GOSH, you guys- I’m giddy at the sight of these!
If you guys are familiar with gluten free baking, then you know how much of a hassle it is. I cannot tell you how much I struggle with creating tasty, attractive gluten free goods! Every recipe you see on here that’s a gluten free baked good has been tested at least three times, to make sure it’s perfect.
These vegan & gluten free protein pancakes- oh, these pancakes. I’d been testing them for about a month and a half, failing miserably every time. That is, until I found a 1/2 used bag of brown rice flour in my pantry, and decided to give a whirl. Well, it was a complete success! I’ve used brown rice flour in this lemon poppyseed breakfast cake, and I completely forgot how great it is. I think it’s my new favorite gluten free flour, because every time I use it, I have success!
Okay, so besides the brown rice flour, we’re using some almond flour, for extra fiber and texture. To make these naturally sweet, I added some maple syrup, which also helps bind it. Add a few more ingredients, and boom- vegan protein pancakes!
These pancakes are perfect because they’re a vehicle to endless flavor options. Feeling chocolate chip? Use chocolate protein powder and sprinkle the chips into the batter. I went for a classic vanilla protein, and went HAM with the toppings- the more, the merrier!
These protein pancakes are not only vegan & gluten free, they’re refined sugar free & ten ingredients! Plus, they’re FLUFFY.
Apologizes for all the photos- I’m just obsessed with how these turned out!
When you make these fluffy vegan & gluten free protein pancakes, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- ⅔ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- Mix together the ⅔ milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, and protein powder. Once mixed, add in the maple syrup, apple sauce, melted coconut oil, and almond milk. Mix together well, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Once refrigerated, heat a skillet over medium heat and grease with coconut oil.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and add in the remaining 2 tbsp milk. Mix well.
- Take ~3 tbsp of the batter and pour onto the hot skillet. Smooth into a pancake shape, and cover with a lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom is done. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat until the batter is gone. Add your toppings, serve, and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!