This bowl is beyond basic and I got zero shame about it.
Like, zero shame. Yeah, I just said that in a blog post. Can you tell I’m from California?
So story time. Remember when I wrote a poem on kale and got an A on it for my honor’s American Lit class? I’m still obsessing over kale. Ever since I wrote that poem for my assignment, I’ve been referred to as “kale girl” by multiple people. I’ll be walking through the halls and someone will come up to ask me if I really did write a poem on kale. When I say yes, I either get a “ha” or a “wow- are you serious?” Sorry man, but I love kale.
So my kale obsession is still strong, and I eat it almost everyday. Roasted. Massaged. Raw. You name it- imma eat it. I love when I roast it and it gets super crispy and it’s like having potato chips in my salad (just me????)… I feel like you guys just witnessed a moment between me and kale. Moving on.
Besides kale, I’m STILL obsessing over spirilizing. I don’t think I’ll EVER get over how amazing that thing is. Today I spirlized sweet potato, and it was beyond awesome. I’ve done this before, but pairing it with the kale and roasted veggies to make it a taco inspired bowl was a VERY smart decision. 11/10 recommend. DO IT.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 corn ear, skinned
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups kale, packed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1.) Melt the coconut oil on a skillet pre-heated to a medium heat.
- 2.) Spirilize your potato using your spirilizer. Cut the noodles in ½ with scissors so they're easier to cook.
- 3.) Cook in the pan until crispy and tender. Serve to the bowl.
- 1.) Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- 2.) Toss your kale, corn, and bell pepper in the olive oil.
- 3.) Line on a baking sheet, and make sure to spread it out evenly so everything cooks well.
- 4.) Stick in the oven for 10 minutes, or until crispy. Serve to the bowl and enjoy!
- 1.) In a bowl, add the tahini, lemon, and water. Stir until a thin, dressing like consistency. Add more water if needed.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!