Zoodles zoodles zoodles ZOODLES.
I am ALL about noodles, especially during the summer time. I stand by the statement that my spiralizer was the best gift I’ve ever received, and for many reasons. Not only does it allow me to try new dishes, but it’s also fun to play with! I love watching the zucchini turn into noodles, as nerdy as that sounds.
So yeah, I’m gonna be ALL about noodles this summer. I’m starting to realize that foods like smoothie bowls, overnight oats, and zoodles are going to be my best friends, because turning on the stove or oven is not an option in my house. It’s a good thing I have the salad up my sleeves, because it’s delicious and easy.
I love a good, refreshing summer salad like this. I feel refreshed after eating it, and it fills me up at the same time. The best part of this dish? The dressing. I used Whole Foods 365 Lemon Tahini Dressing, which is the bomb.com. I’m not a huge fan of store bought dressings because they can be loaded up with added ingredients, but not this one. The ingredients list is short and sweet, and sticks to the good stuff. My local Whole Foods, Whole Foods Del Mar, sold the bottle for only $2.99, which is a great deal considering it will last me probably two months or so. It’s extremely convenient to have, and for the price, you truly cannot go wrong.
So onto the dish. My favorite part, besides the dressing, has to be the added pasta noodles with the feta. Pasta and feta is one of my all time favorite combonations, so paired with the freshness of the zoodles, this recipe is a winner winner zoodle salad dinner. Alright, I’m done with the bad puns. Let’s dig in!
- 2 zucchini's, spirilzed
- 1 pound shrimp, defrosted and peeled.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- ¼ cup Whole Foods 365 Lemon Tahini Dressing (or dressing of choice)
- Defrost your shrimp if they're frozen, and remove the tails. Chop into bit size pieces so it's easier to eat.
- Spiralize your zucchini and transfer to the bowl. Cut the noodles in ½ so they're easier to eat. Toss in the chopped romaine, shrimp, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, and normal tomatoes.
- Toss them together, and slowly pour over the dressing, allowing it to fold into the mixture. Sprinkle on the hemp hearts, serve into bowls and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!