Happy November! I hope you have nice, crisp fall weather and you’re currently cozied up with a blanket, because you deserve it.
Me? I’m taking a different route. It’s been 80 F+ for the past few weeks in San Diego, so I’m still breaking out my shorts and tanks regularly. What I would give for a nice, hot chili. Anyways, I know everyone’s gonna say this, but I CANNOT believe it’s already November! Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away, and until then, I have lots of yummy, easy recipes coming your way. For now, let’s talk about October.
October was a decent month. Nothing BIG happened, but I did have a lot of recipe success! Whenever I have more wins then losses in the kitchen, I’ll take it. I’m noticing a huge change in my blog (in terms of photography and recipes), and I LOVE IT. I can only go up from here! Oh, and you may have noticed, but I have a new posting schedule! Instead of Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I’m going to Tuesday, Friday. I want to focus on quality > quantity with my posts.
Some of my favorite reads of the month:
One of the best, personal football stories I’ve ever read written by one of my favorite journalists, Marc Sessler.
Dana SLAYS the baking game once again with this one
We need more body positivity in our life. Thanks Em, this was one the best things I’ve read in a while.
Pumpkin pie rice crisps?! HELL TO THE YES.
My life this month:
- Had my first “stressful week” of the year, and I managed well! It wasn’t that bad, I just had lots of tests and assignments that week, with a huge blog project as well.
- Fantasy football is off to a RORING start, which I’m very surprised by considering my teams are all injury riddled in some way.
- All my apps are in! WOOOO!!! Now I just gotta get in…
- Met up with a fellow foodie and took her to my favorite cafe in San Diego. If you live here, go to Good On Ya and marvel in their recipes. IT IS A FOODIE’S HEAVEN!
- Had my last halloween with my friends, and it was bittersweet. Not a halloween gal, but since this was my last one before college, I went all out 😉
- 2/4 of my dogs had to wear the cone of shame this month, and it was devastating (as you probably saw on my snap stories)
- I really, really, REALLY miss Friday Night Lights. I almost wrote a whole blog post about it, but decided that I would just make myself more emotional than I already was
- I got SUPER into smoothie bowls, as you saw on Instagram 😉
- Oh, and peanut stir-fries are becoming a staple for me, so be ready for tons of adaption recipes soonnnnnnn!
- My mom celebrated a birthday!
It’s been over a year since I was at Lambeau field, and everyday I miss it more and more. Including this photo just cause I loooovvve it!
Favorite blog post of the month: This tofu scramble that I eat at least once a week.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!