Light & fluffy corn bread that’s vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free! It’s filled with flavor and a better option than store bought mixtures.
Friends- Thanksgiving is ONE week away. Hi, what? In one week, I’ll be back in San Diego in my kitchen, cooking up a storm (the thing I’m most excited about for break, I must say) and HOLY COW I am PUMPED. I got some good things lined up, but most of all, I got plans to SLEEP. Yup- Thanksgiving break is basically gonna be blogging, seeing friends and family, watching football, playing tennis, and SLEEPING. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
I’ll admit I high key slacked on Thanksgiving recipes this year. College got the best of me, and it was hard to go to the store (or get the groceries delivered to me-real life) to get fresh produce and think of amazing side dishes, main meals, etc. But, don’t worry- this corn bread makes up for it!
I’m making this recipe in honor of my parents, who I miss dearly. My mom sends me photos of the food she makes and says “wish you were here cooking this for me!” Ugh, I miss her so much. My dad and I would probably be arguing about football right now. That, I don’t miss. I miss the aroma of cozy chili’s being whipped up in the kitchen. I miss my mom yelling at me to stop using the oven during the Santa Ana heat wave. I MISS MY OVEN.
Onto the cornbread, which is too good to be true. First off, it’s FLUFFY. Fluffy is a must when it comes to my cornbread, and while we’re at it, I made this recipe vegan and gluten free. It’s ready in under an hour and tastes absolutely delicious, but you’d never know it was healthy. This recipe isn’t loaded with canola oil and all the other artificial ingredients that most are, which you guys know is my number one priority.
When you make this recipe, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the almond milk and ACV. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn meal, flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Add in the apple sauce, coconut oil, and almond milk (in increments of ½ cup at a time). You want a thick but pourable batter.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and line the mixture into there. Smooth out evenly and cook for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven.
- When done, remove and let cool for 20-30 minutes. Cut and enjoy.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!