My blog intro’s are becoming less and less creative, and I apologize for that.
You know what I don’t apologize for? This chicken bowl. Gosh, this chicken bowl is to die for. But, don’t actually die, because I want you to fully experience how good it is.
So, why am I so excited about it? Well, besides the fact that it tastes like Italy in a bowl, it’s also REALLY EASY. Like, easier than avocado toast (not that easy, but you get the point). As someone who prides themselves on quick, lazy meals, I’d say this one knocks it right outta the ball park (or at least it does more than the Padres did opening day against the Dodgers…)
What makes the chicken so special is the pasta sauce I coated it in, and all props goes to Whole Foods for that one. I’m not someone who likes to buy store bought sauce because it’s so hard to find pre-made ones that don’t have sugar as their second ingredient. I swear I’ve spent more time trying to find one that is sugar free than I have actually making some homemade marinara sauce.
When I finally discovered the Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce that the 365 Brand puts out, I was blown away by the lack of ingredients it has, but yet it still maintains an amazing flavor. I’m cllllllllllll about garlic, so you know I was all over this one. I highly recommend this sauce, along with the 365 Brand from Whole Foods in general!
Okay, onto the rest of this dish. Y’all know I had to include my beloved roasted balsamic brussel sprouts, and we cannot forget about spirilized noodles. I’ve been on a zoodle kick, so adding it to this bowl was a MUST. Plus, it feels even more like Italy, and considering my desire to travel there, I’d say this bowl satisfies all my cravings. Kind of… I mean, nothing can replace eating a good bowl of pasta at 8:00 PM on the streets of Rome 😉
- 2 4 oz chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp 365 Roasted Garlic pasta sauce (or sauce of choice)
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow zucchini, spirilized
- 6 cups brussel sprouts, shaved
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for cooking
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp thyme and rosemary
- 1.) Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2.) In a bag, combine the chicken, oil, sauce, rosemary, and garlic. Shake the bag well until everything is evenly coated. Let it sit for ten minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- 3.) Once that time has passed, cook it at 350 for twenty-thirty minutes, or until the chicken has fully cooked. Flip the breast ½ way through to ensure this.
- 4.) Take it out of the oven and sprinkle your cheese on top of each breast. Stick it back in the oven for 5 minutes on broil.
- 5.) Once the cheese has browned and begins to look crispy, take it out of the oven and serve with the vegetables. Enjoy!
- 1.) In a bowl, toss your brussel sprouts with the olive oil and seasonings.
- 2.) Stick them in the same oven as the chicken until they crisp up, so about 20-30 minutes.
- 3.) Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- 4.) Meanwhile, spirilize your zucchini using your spirilizer. Serve with the chicken, vegetables, and any other add ins you'd like.
How hard is it for you to find no sugar added sauces?!
*NOTE*- I partnered with my local Whole Foods, Whole Foods Del Mar, to bring you this post and show you some of the 365 line. However, I believe everything said in this and truly love their products. All opinions are my own.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!