All in favor of taking a trip to Greece this summer say I.
I. I. I. I. IIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!
I apoligize for my excitement, but let me explain- Greece is my all time dream vacation, so whenever someone even mentions going there, I get very jealous and FOMOed out. The first PG-13 movie I ever saw was Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants with my mom. I was five, and worse a blue dress with fringe and Sleeping Beauty’s face plastered on the front. My mom and I both cried half way through, but of course me being the tough and mature five year old that I was, I refused to admit that.
That’s what really started my love for the country, and flash forward eleven years later (UM WHAT), I’m even more obsessed. I know the country isn’t all white houses and greek yogurt, and that there’s some financial issues right now, but let a girl dream. That’s what this breakfast scramble does- let’s me dream of Greece.
I’ve always been an advocate of feta cheese and eggs, but I haven’t had the combo in a while. I used to eat it everyday with toast before breakfast, but once I discovered oatmeal, my habits changed. I think that this bowl will make it want to change back though. I mean- the flavor combos of the fresh veggies with the melty cheese is a strange one, but damn is it good. Also, can we talk about that tahini dressing?! It adds the perfect finishing touch, so go get yourself some like now.
A protein packed meal filled with healthy fats, veggies, and fuel- I had it with a side of toast for some carbs as well- it’s bound to fill you up for a long day. Plus, it takes twenty minutes to make-let’s begin!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ diced bell pepper
- ¼ diced zucchini
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 3 tbsp feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for cooking
- 1 tbsp tahini
- SIDE OPTIONS- toast, quinoa, sweet potatoes- the options are up to you!
- 1.) Melt the coconut oil on a pan hat's been heated on a low-medium heat.
- 2.) In a bowl, whisk your eggs with a splash of almond milk (optional, but makes them fluffier) and then four them into your pan. Once they begin to cook up, scramble them to your preference (I love mine crispy, but it's up to you!) Once the eggs are almost done, add in your arugula and let it cook in. Turn the stove off, but keep the pan on there to keep the eggs warm while you prep everything else.
- 3.) Dice up your veggies to your size preference. Once done, add them to your serving bowl along with the eggs and mix those together. Top with the feta, tahini, avocado, and add your side. Enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!