These mini sweet potato fritters are the perfect party dish! They’re vegan, gluten free, paleo, and come together in under an hour. Made with just five ingredients & filled with flavor, these will impress anyone.
Who’s excited for the super bowl??
I am STOKED. As you know, I’m a die hard football fan, and even though my beloved Packers aren’t playing (let’s not talk about that game), I’m still going to watch every second of it. Unpopular opinion here, but I’m rooting for the Patriots! Weird, right? I feel like no one says that. I was born in Connecticut, so maybe that’s the east coast roots coming out, but I like them. I have no idea why, because my entire family hates Tom Brady. In all honesty, I don’t find the commercials funny, and I’m that weird person that watches the game for the football. GOD I LOVE FOOTBALL SO MUCH.
Every year, my family and I go to a friends house for a party, and this year, I’ve been tasked with bringing the food. It’s usually a potluck, but as soon as the hosts found out about my blog, they changed that. So, guess where I’ll be all day Saturday? Oh, and this Saturday is my (last!) winter formal, so I’m going to be extremely exhausted Sunday.
Since I know most of you don’t like football and go to the parties for the food, I thought I’d bring you an easy, last minute appetizer. These are saving my life this week, because as I just said, my weekend isn’t exactly relaxed. I thought of these fritters one day in English class, and immediately texted my mom “HOLY SHIT- I FIGURED OUT WHAT I’M GOING TO BRING” When you have that kind of epiphany, you must follow through. Plus, they’re mini and finger foods, so they’re perfect!
These fritters are incredibly easy to make, and require less than an hour to cook. They’re mini, so it’s easy to make for a large group of people, and they require five ingredients that you probably already have on hand. They’re vegan, gluten free, and paleo. These fritters are the perfect appetizer, and everyone will love them!
When you make these, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Peel off the skins of your sweet potatoes, and grate. Add in the spices and toss together well.
- Add in the coconut flour and coconut oil. Mix together well until you get a sticky mixture. Depending on the size of your potatoes, you may need more oil. If that's the case, add more in, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Taking a cookie scooper, form large balls with the mixture and place on a baking tray. Flatten using the palm of your hand. Repeat until done.
- Cook for 25 minutes, flipping at the ½ way mark. Once done, let cool for ten minutes and enjoy.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!