An omelette sandwich- because who else thinks everything tastes better in a stuffed sandwich with melty cheese?
I know I do. Like I said- when there’s melty cheese involve, you know I’m down. I think this sandwich specks to all of us who crave those New York sandwiches we see on food porn Instagram’s. I follow at least four food porn instagram’s dedicated solely to bagel porn. That is dedication. Or just plain strange. Either way, I don’t care if anyone judges.
To put into context how good this sandwich is: I just ate some of the best salmon of my life, and I think I’d take this over the salmon. Yeah, it’s that good. It’s also too damn easy to whip up. Twenty minutes maybe, and that’s if you spend five minutes deciding whether to add pesto or avocado.
Speaking of pesto, we gotta talk pesto and eggs. I love avocado with my eggs, and I think I eat the classic “fried egg, toast, mashed avocado combo” at least once a day. That being said, pesto and eggs is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too underrated. I’m talking “UCONN 2011 National Championship” underrated. And for those who didn’t get that reference- just think of your favorite food that no one talks about. It’s that kind of underrated.
Taking the perfect combination of healthy fats, carbs, and protein, I think I’ve found my new favorite breakfast obsession. Needless to say, I put it on my current obsession- rye bread- and it was beyond perfect. Let’s dig in!
- 2 slices bread of choice- I used Trader Joe's Rye Bread
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- Handful of spinach
- ½ tomato, sliced
- 1 slice cheese of choice- I used swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1.) Pre-heat you pan to a medium heat and melt the coconut oil on there.
- 2.) In a bowl, whisk your eggs and egg whites together. Once the pan is heated, pour the egg mixture on there and cook your omelette normally. Before you flip the omelette, add the handful of spinach onto it.
- 3.) Once the omelette is cooked, cut into three pieces and stack on top of each other. Enjoy!
- 1.) Toast your bread until it's reached your desired texture.
- 2.) Spread one tbsp of the pesto onto each slice.
- 3.) Add on the tomato, then the omelette, then cheese. Enjoy!
Avocado or pesto with your eggs?
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!