These one bowl vegan blueberry muffins are vegan, refined sugar free, healthy, and absolutely delicious. Made with 8 ingredients and ready in under an hour, they make for the perfect snack!
I’m a ball of emotions right now. College decision time is coming up, and while I know where I’m going (sko buffs!), some of my friends don’t. Considering just two weeks ago I was in their place, I know exactly what it’s like. The constant checking of portals. The anxiety. The refreshing of inboxes to see if they sent an email and didn’t update the portal. The college process is fun when it’s over, but man is it stressful.
This college process is much more different than I thought it would be. I had a list. I had a plan. I had the next four years planned out. And then… I didn’t. I had quite a few bumps in the road, and lots of tears were shed about where I’ll be spending the next four years, but for now, let’s focus on muffins. Specifically, blueberry muffins!
I was always a blueberry muffin gal growing up, because I was psycho and didn’t like chocolate until a few years ago. My mom would buy me the giant muffins from Ralphs after ice skating as a treat, and I kid you not, I devoured them in five minutes MAX. I was quite the muffin gal growing up!
It seems only fair that I post a healthier version of my childhood treat. Muffins are some of my favorite things to bake because they’re easy and don’t take a ton of time. This recipe, in particular, requires one bowl and they’re ready in under an hour. Oh, and they’re vegan, refined sugar free, and 8 ingredients.
I brought these to school and they were gone within an hour. AN HOUR. Everyone loved them, and I know you will too. I mean, it’s like dessert for breakfast, so what’s not to love? When you make these, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flours, coconut sugar, sea salt, and baking powder. Mix together well.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (minus the blueberries) and mix together well. Fold in the berries.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray, and spoon 3 heaping tbsp of the batter into each tin. Smooth out and repeat until the batter is gone.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!