Presto. This pesto pasta is ready faster than you can say that.
Okay, that may be the worst pun in the HISTORY of my blog, but you get the point- this recipe is too damn easy. I honestly feel stupid for making it a recipe, because I think a monkey with plastic, opposable thumbs could make this.
Why is it that pasta gets such a bad rep?! I mean, pasta is delicious. Especially when you can sit down with your favorite people (for me, that may include, but not limited to, my four Siberian Huskies), watch a good movie, and shovel slowly, of course some noodles in your mouth. And besides, there are so many different varieties of noodles that make so many dishes, it seems like the recipes are endless, in the best way possible.
Really, the pesto tempeh takes the cake for this. It’s delicious, and makes me question why I don’t have pesto more often. I used to put that ish on everything, but I’ve been on a hiatus from it. Oh, not anymore! Pesto is full of healthy fats and other benefits, plus, it’s so customizable that you can make three different versions of a dish by altering just the pesto! If you need a good recipe to make, I think my Kale and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is pretty good 😉
So, play a good podcast or playlist, find a friend, and cook your heart out with this easy recipe!
- 1 box pasta of choice*
- ¼ cup pasta sauce of choice**
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 block tempeh, diced
- ¼ cup pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups brussel sprouts, shaved
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.) Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Mine took about seven minutes!
- 2.) Once done, drain the pasta and move back into the pot. Mix in the pasta sauce and nutritional yeast. Stir together and let sit until everything else is finished.
- 1.) Dice up your tempeh.
- 2.) In a bowl, mix the tempeh cubes with the olive oil and pesto.
- 3.) Cook on high at 450 F (same pan as the vegetables) for ten minutes, or until crispy.
- 1.) Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2.) In a bowl, toss your shaved brussel sprouts, carrots, and diced tomatoes with the salt and coconut oil.
- 3.) Spread out evenly on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy. Once done, remove from the oven, serve in a bowl with the pasta and tempeh, and enjoy!
**- I used the Roasted Garlic 365 Brand sauce because it doesn't have any added sugar, but you can have whatever suits you 🙂
What’s your favorite kind of noodle?
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!