These soft & chewy almond butter cookies are vegan, gluten free, paleo, and the perfect treat. They’re naturally sweet, filled with flavor, and require eight ingredients.
Is there anything better than a warm cookie? I think not.
Well, maybe Italian Gelato and warm bread loafs, but besides those two things…. NOTHING. Oh, and pizza.
I’m really not helping myself out here, am I?
ANYWAYS, back to the cookies. Have you ever started deep into your pantry and gone “f**k, I have too much s**t” because same. Any food blogger can relate; it’s a daily struggle of sorting through everything and then finding ANOTHER product you need to use, or something a brand sent you that you want to try. I cannot tell you how many granolas and loafs of bread I have stock pilled in my house back home- it’s a love, hate relationship. My mom describes it perfectly: “it’s like Costco; you love going, but hate putting everything away”
You all know my struggle with overflowing bags of almond flour. It began after I made these chocolate chip cookies (vegan, gluten free, and paleo!) last year, and from there, it blossomed. The benefit of having tons of almond flour is that you can add it to lots of baked goods, and if we’re being honest… it can be difficult to bake with. The downside? It takes up ALL my cabinet space.
So, I’m here today with another almond flour cookie, but trust me, it’s delicious. Almond flour is a finer flour and requires tons of fats to help it bind together. So, for the fats in these bad boys, we’re using almond butter, which provides protein and flavor as well, and coconut oil, which is a great binder. The sweetener? Maple syrup! Honestly, these almond butter cookies require 8 easy ingredients, and the bonus? They’re vegan, gluten free, & paleo!
I love how soft and chewy these bad boys are, and they’re a great vehicle to other cookie flavors. Chocolate chip? HECK YEAH. Coconut sea salt? Now we talking.
When you make these soft & chewy almond butter cookies, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 heaping tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil, cooled
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, melted (and cooled) coconut oil, and maple syrup until creamy. Add in the almond flour, ½ cup at a time.
- Once the almond flour has been added, add in the sea salt, baking powder, and coconut flour. Mix together WELL. The batter will be liquid-y, but that's okay.
- Set aside for one hour to harden.
- Once ready, form into 10-12 balls. Flatten and bake for 9-11 minutes, until slightly under baked. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!