Some like it hot… me- I like it spicy.
Okay, that came off wrong, but I think you get what I’m saying. I like spicy things. Give me a bottle of hot sauce and a week to finish it off, and it’ll be gone in three days. I make everything I possibly can spicy besides my sweets. Just ask my friends, who once witnessed me down three red pepper chili packets like nothing and order a spice level ten at a thai restaurant. I have no limit.
Now, this recipe isn’t spice level ten at a thai restaurant spicy, but I made it pretty darn close. Lucky for you, it’s easy to adjust, and even easier to whip up.
I’m someone who prefers my first and last meals to be on the sweeter side (think oatmeal and pancakes), with my lunch and dinner full on savory. For me, savory means eggs, and as you know, there is nothing wrong with eggs for dinner. Especially in the form of a spicy scramble 😉
I used this recipe to channel my inner Southern California- spicy, hint of burrito bowl meets breakfast burrito- you catch my drift. What makes this so great is it’s extremely customizable. If you don’t want avocado and you wanna go crazy with pesto, make it an Italian scramble! The options are endless, so lets dig in.
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 brussel sprouts, shaved
- ¼ bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow squash, sliced
- ½ cup black beans
- ¼-1/2 an avocado, sliced
- Other ideas: avocado toast, hummus, pesto- it's up to you!
- 1.) Pre-heat your pan to a medium heat, and add the coconut oil onto the pan to melt. Make sure the pan coats evenly.
- 2.) In a bowl, whisk your eggs and egg whites together, along with the spices. Once mixed, pour onto the hot pan and scramble for five-ten minutes, or until eggs have reached your desired consistency. Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
- 1.) Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2.) Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and line your chopped veggies on there, making sure everything cooks evenly.
- 3.) Cook your veggies for 20-30 minutes, or until crispy. Serve with the eggs, black beans, and anything else you desire. Enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!