I’m Danielle, and I love pasta.
But let’s be honest, I love ALL carbs. I do not discriminate. While I prefer potatoes, pasta, and oats, I also love a good bagel and some nice toast. Gotta have variety in my life, man (or women).
Besides pasta, I also love volume. I like eating, so when I can add volume, I’m ALL for it. That’s why I like adding vegetables to my pasta- volume baby. This recipe is a strange one for me because I used to HATE broccoli. Growing up, I always asked for only three pieces of the green in my salad, and I usually made up an excuse to get out of eating it. But like I’ve said before, once my eating habits changed, I learned to like the tiny trees. My favorite way to make it? Roasted.
Which is why I ADORE this recipe! PASTA AND ROASTED VEGGIES- AKA TWO OF MY FAVORITE THINGS. Oh and football, but that’s not in the recipe- it’s just something I love with all my heart. I know it may be hard to believe, but I can be lazy when it comes to cooking, so meals like this that I can just stick in the oven are my favorite.
So, cashew sauces are a trendy thing in the foodie community. I never understood why they were so special, and I think I was too lazy to soak the cashews (how sad), so that’s why I never made it. But, that’s all changed. The creamy cashew sauce is too good to be true, and it BLOWS my mind as to how authentic it is. You get a healthy source of fats and protein from the cashews, which is even a bigger plus!
When it comes to pasta, I like using brown rice, chickpea, or lentil pasta. Tonight I used Modern Table Meals Lentil Pasta, which is my current OBSESSION. It packs a ton of protein and nutrients, and the even better part? The only ingredient is lentils! WIN. When you don’t need to take another breath to read ingredients, you know its good. I always feel satisfied after I eat this pasta because of the protein, so combined with everything else in this dish, it’s the perfect meal after a lonnnnngggg day. Lets dig in!
- 4 oz pasta (I used Modern Table Meals Lentil Pasta)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 6 cups spinach, packed
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Soak the cashews in water overnight and place in the fridge. Once they're ready, combine the cashews, milk, and nutritional yeast in a blender. Blend until everything is combined. Once blended, mix in the with pasta before you stick it in the oven.
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Once done, drain it and add the cashews sauce. Mix it well with the pasta.
- Pre-heat your oven to 450, and spray with non stick spray so the pasta doesn't stick. Add in the pasta, spinach, and broccoli. Combine well, and then put the feta cheese on top.
- Stick in the oven for 20 minutes, and then on broil for five minutes. Once done, let it cool and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!