Let me tell ya a bit about my trip to France last year.
I went to France for two weeks with my mom, and we ate our HEARTS out. Everywhere we went, we were trying almost everything- from sandwiches to pastries, we probably ate the entire country after two weeks. In Nice, we went to a local sandwich shop and ate the most amazing egg sandwich, and in Paris I had the best almond crusted croissant around. I died and went to foodie heaven.
Besides getting to experience the new culture, I also tried a bunch of new foods, one of them being goat cheese. In Benyac, a tiny village on a hillside, I had the BEST meal of my entire life. It was salmon with roasted parsnips and mashed potatoes. Sounds simple, but it was heavenly. We ended up ordering another one so my mom could have the same thing! The salmon was crusted with goat cheese and chives, which let me tell ya- it set my foodie heart on FIRE WITH LOVE.
When I got back to the states, I immediately bought goat cheese. I couldn’t replicate the dish to a T, but that doesn’t matter- I fell in love with the cheese. It’s more expensive than most cheeses, so I don’t buy it often, but when I do- BOY AM I A HAPPY CAMPER.
This was one of the recipes I thought of when I got my wisdom teeth out. When I was able to eat solid foods, this was one of the first things I made. The creaminess from the avocado and goat cheese, combined with the sweetness from the strawberries, is out of this world. Even better? You can eat this for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! I’d probably eat this sixteen times a day if given the opportunity.
- 2 slices bread of choice (I used Ezekiel)
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tsp butter (or coconut oil if vegan)
- Pre-heat a pan to a medium heat.
- Spread your butter out on the bread, and place one side on the pan. Next, add on the strawberries and goat cheese.
- On the slice that isn't on the pan, add the mashed avocado, and once the cheese has melted, top the bread off with the avocado slice. Let cook for two-three minutes, then flip and cook for the same amount of time. Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!