Oh, this brings back memories.
This recipe brings back so many memories for me. Why? One of my first every blog posts was a vanilla almond granola, and I’m not even going to link it because it’s too damn embarrassing. I’m talking iPhone photos, blurry jars, over editing- the whole shebang. I know people want to talk about improvement, but that one is too embarrassing to bring back.
Onto this recipe, which is freaking fantastic. It feels weird to make a pumpkin recipe during the spring/summer season, but who doesn’t love pumpkin year round?! I do, especially in the form of pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds, like many nuts, contain a high source of healthy fats and omega-3’s, which are essential for healthy development. Plus, they add such a great taste and crunch to anything. I’ve been loving them in my oatmeal, yogurt bowls, and now- granola.
Raise your hands if you’ve tried (and failed) at creating the perfect granola recipe, just so you don’t have to splurge on a $7 bag of your favorite ‘nola. *Raises both hands* While my love for Purely Elizabeth granola will never end, this batch of pumpkin granola does help when I run out and can’t make it to the store. Plus, it’s always nice to have a different option. As someone who likes trying out different flavors of things, this is a nice change.
So, for your next yogurt bowl, try this batch of pumpkin seed granola out! It’s easy, vegan, and purely delicious.
- 1½ cup oats
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp agave
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.) pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2.) In a large mixing bowl, add in your dry ingredients and stir them together.
- 3.) Once the dry ingredients are mixed, add in the oil, agave, and honey one at a time, stirring the mixture after adding in each new ingredient. If you like your granola more on the chunky side, you can add more maple syrup, but I found two tbsp to be enough for my taste prefrences.
- 4.) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread the raw mixture out onto the sheet. I recommend spreading it thin so everything toasts evenly.
- 5.) Stick in the oven for twenty minutes, mixing ½ way through at the ten minute mark.
- 6.) Once done, remove from the oven and enjoy!
What’s your favorite store bought granola?
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!