This vegan cinnamon sugar coffee cake is the perfect treat! It’s made with less than 10 ingredients, is full of flavor, and packs tons of sweetness.
Guys… big news.
TAYLOR SWIFT IS NOW ON SPOTIFY.
Okay, maybe I’m the only one that’s excited about this? Yeah, probably. You also probably know about this, so it’s old news. ANYWAYS, I was a huge Taylor fan when I was younger (think 10-12), and I still consider her Fearless album a top five of all time. Every song is so relatable, no matter the age. Heck, my mom still relates to it! I’m currently listening to “Breathe”, and let me tell ya- the emotions are starting to flow.
Today I want to touch on the topic of keeping things NATURAL. You guys know I’m a believer in eating natural, wholesome foods that taste good, but my natural approach goes beyond food. I shared it on my Instagram a few weeks ago, but something I’m really striving for this summer is to wear as little makeup as possible. After getting dolled up for six years to attend school, my skin is ready for the break. I know makeup brings confidence and what not, but I care about the long term health of my skin, and for me, foundation and all that just worsens my acne.
Keeping it natural is a huge belief of mine, and this coffee cake is 100% in line with it. First off, it’s vegan. Second, it’s made with my favorite baking flour, One Degree Organic Foods Whole Wheat Flour! One Degree Organic Foods is my favorite baking brand, and as I’ve said before, their products are made with natural, wholesome ingredients. YES PLEASE.
So, what’s so great about this cinnamon sugar coffee cake? Well, not only is it vegan, it’s made with 8 ingredients. Most of it is probably things you already have on hand, like apple sauce and coconut sugar! While this isn’t refined sugar free (let’s be honest- cane sugar is good for the soul), it’s absolutely delicious. Oh, and we cannot forget about that streusel!!
The streusel is made with some of the same ingredients as the ones in the cake, so no need to add more to the ingredients list. This coffee cake is great with coffee (uh, duh?), a nice slathering of peanut butter, and some great company!
When you make this cinnamon sugar coffee cake, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
Update: I got fancy and made a video!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oat flour, whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, cane sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in the almond milk, coconut oil, and apple sauce. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking oil, and pour the batter in. Smooth out and set aside.
- To prepare the crumble, mix together all the crumble ingredients. If it's too dry, add more coconut oil if needed. Sprinkle on to the cake and evenly distribute it.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool for 1 hour, then cut into squares and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by One Degree Organic Foods. All opinion are my own.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!