These vegan & gluten free chocolate chip pancakes are fluffy, naturally sweet, and filled with chocolate flavor. They take 30 minutes to make and are the perfect Sunday brunch dish. Plus, they’re refined sugar free and filled with flavor.
Greetings from Rome!!
Sorry for no post Friday- I was on my flight to Italy, and had no service. Also, I was extremely jet lagged, so the idea of promoting a post on social media just hurt my brain. I plan on posting while I’m here, so you guys will have content daily!
Anyways, we’ve eaten like queens these past few days, and I have zero regrets. But, let’s get back to these pancakes. The other day, I was at the check out line at Home Goods, and all the sudden, I got in a heated debate over a very important topic: waffles or pancakes?
You see, this lady saw that I was buying some decorative napkins, and asked why I needed so many. When I explained to her that I’m a food blogger and go through decorative napkins like no body else, the first thing she said was “OH SO YOU HAVE PANCAKE RECIPE.” Don’t ask me WHY this happened, or why this was her first assumption, but it was. I went with it, and some how, we got in a debate over waffles or pancakes.
This debate feels never ending, and I don’t think I’ll ever pick a side. I mean- you have pancakes, which create beautiful, luscious stacks of heaven that you can pour syrup over. But then there’s waffles, which have spots for you to place your toppings in, so every bite you get a little bit of everything. Waffles tend of be more crispy, but pancakes can be either crispy or soft. Are you team pancakes or waffles?
I can’t pick a side. I’ve had good experiences with both, so I think I’ll remain neutral for now. Hey, that means more of both! This brings me to my next point- chocolate chip or blueberry? Everyone has their opinion, and I’ve found that once you like one of the variations (ex- muffins, cookies), you tend to sway towards that flavor with everything. I’m a total blueberry gal, but my family adores chocolate chip. They’ve been requesting more chocolate chip recipes, so that’s where this recipe comes from! But don’t tell them it’s VEGAN.
YUP. These pancakes are VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE FRIENDLY, and READY IN UNDER AN HOUR. They’re refined sugar free, filled with chocolate chips, and are the perfect weekend brunch dish. If you make these, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (GF if necessary)
- ½ cup oat flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, plus more for serving
- 1 cup almond milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat your griddle to a medium heat, and melt the coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix well. Pour in the almond milk and combine. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Take 1 heaping tbsp of the mixture and pour it onto the griddle. Spread it out, and add on a handful of chocolate chips to eat pancake.
- Cook the pancake for 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Serve with maple syrup, fruit, or whatever you'd like. Enjoy!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!