I have a new food for you to add to your food bucket list, and that is Noodles and Company’s Mac n Cheese.
Gosh- that stuff is GOOD. When my dad and I wanted to branch out from our typical Mexican restaurant on Friday night’s, we usually went there. I always got a Mac n Cheese and a roll with butter. Let me tell you, I’ve been a carb lover since I could remember.
I remember the time in between ordering and getting the pasta went slower than a snail race. I’d twiddle my thumbs, chug my soda and get countless refills (yup, the times have changed), and would often end up drawing on a napkin. You know that feeling when you see your food come out at a restaurant. Imagine that, and multiple it by ten, and you got the excitement I would feel when I saw my bowl on the black plastic platter being carried by a teenage boy who was counting down the minutes until his shift ended.
Now, I’ve always been a fast eater, but I think I ate the ENTIRE bowl of pasta in a solid five minutes. Maybe ten if I was truly trying to enjoy the dish.
Now a days, I still enjoy that dish (I had it a few weeks ago in fact!), but I like to opt for a healthier options most of the time. I think it’s safe to say this meal satisfies all my creamy mac n cheese cravings. Now, if you thought I ate the Noodles version of pasta fast, you should see me with stuff. My mom, who isn’t a fan of cashew sauces, LOVES this dish! That’s telling you something.
Now, while the sauce is amazing, I think the real winner of this dish is the pasta. I used Modern Table Meals red lentil pasta, which is hands down my favorite pasta alternative. I mean, the only ingredients is lentils!! It keeps me full and satisfied, and I love the taste of it. I’ve seen them in my Whole Foods, so you gotta get your hands on it!
Alright, I’m getting hungry. Let’s dig in.
- 1 bag Modern Meals Pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 tsp garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼-1/2 cup almond milk
- Sundered tomatoes
- Protein options
- The night before, combine the cashews in a bowl with about a ½ cup water. Set in the fridge and let them soak overnight.
- The next day, drain the water from the cashews and combine them in a blender all the other ingredients. If it's too thick for you, slowly add in more milk until you get your desired consistency.
- Once blended, remove from the blender and combine with the pasta. Serve in a bowl with any other add ons and enjoy!
- Cook it according to the directions.
- About ½ way through the cooking process, add in the garlic and pinch of salt.
DOUBLE NOTE- I am currently away at my sleepaway camp. Therefore, I will not be able to reply to comments, emails, or anything of that sorts until next week.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!