These vegan peanut butter stuffed chocolate chip cookies are full of flavor and make for the perfect dessert! They’re nine ingredients and take less than 40 minutes to make.
Welcome to the cookies of your DREAMS. Like, you will go to bed dreaming of these. I love peanut butter, and I love chocolate, so putting them together seems like a must. Growing up, I wasn’t a fan of either. I stuck to sugar cookies and snickerdoodles, with the occasional oatmeal flavor. But, oatmeal cookies seemed to healthy for little Danielle, unless there was extra, EXTRA sugar involved.
Nowadays, I tend to go for hearty breakfast cookies, but let’s be honest- there is nothing better than a (vegan) buttery, soft chocolate chip cookie. Oh, and when it’s filled with peanut butter- GAME CHANGER.
This is one of those recipes that you go “damn, that needs to happen”. Well, it did, and it’s damn amazing. Messy, but damn tasty.
It’s a good thing Christmas is right around the corner, because I know I’ll be packing these up and giving them to everyone and anyone possible when I get home. I always talk about the cookie exchange I used to do for my teachers, and I’m regretting the fact we didn’t have these on the menu. I truly feel bad for anyone with a peanut butter, because these cookies are GAME CHANGERS.
You could easily skip the chocolate chips and just make these peanut butter cookies, but come on- chocolate. When have we ever skimped on chocolate over here in my kitchen? If we ever do, please call 911, because something is wrong.
I’m normally not a fan of using vegan butters, but I made an exception this time, and I think I’ll be doing that again. Not only are these cookies vegan, but they’re also 9 ingredients. Warning- they’re incrediably messy, and you will want to give up. DON’T- it’s worth it.
When you make these cookies, don’t forget to send me a photo on Instagram @tennishealthfitness.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix together until combined.
- Pour into the dry ingredients along with the apple sauce. Once mixed, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take ~1½ tbsp of the cookie batter, and add in ~1 tsp of peanut butter. Roll up in a ball, and flatten using your palms. Place on a cookie tray and repeat.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Once done, remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe for recipe updates, bonus content, and more goods!